Thought this may be of interest to people who have experienced mold and fungal problems with sealed hydroponics systems.
My problems with black mold in the shelter began when I tried to run a small hydro lab down there in an experiment to grow strawberries underground. I really think this was when the humidity "baked in" because the solution circulating began to off-gas into the air to foster the growth of mold. The experiment to grow strawberries was a failure. I had a few sprouts the size of buttons but my lights weren't strong enough to promote any serious growth and bloom. I had begun to notice a funny odor in the air when I dismantled this tiny factory and brought it out.
In my next iteration, I am moving way ahead of my original little setup with a fully automated lab that will trap humidity levels inside a plastic vapor barrier inside the shelter. This time around I realized the need to be able to assure disinfection of nutrient solution at regular intervals.
I was exploring the use of iodine but now I am firmly in the camp of H2O2, a few drops a day every day on a schedule, supplemented with a small bubbler to keep it oxygenated. The iodine may still come in handy when the system is flushed and rinsed out to prepare for a new crop.
My goal is a hydroponics lab that does everything but plant the original seeds and pull them up when it is time to harvest. I want the machine to do everything else.
My lighting this time around will be extreme low power red-blue LEDs right over the surface of the plants with two hours a day of bright intense Luxons to kick off bloom. I am trying to keep the energy demands so low they could be powered by a single 24 AH 12 volt battery for an entire month with a recharge.